- The double-stripped yield of
in the 2004 RIB yield table is:
2 x 105 ions/sec
- The double-stripped charge state fraction at 570 MeV for
4.01% at 24.08 MV terminal voltage (foil-foil stripping)
- The double-stripped charge state fraction at 620 MeV for
1.91% at 24.15 MV terminal voltage (foil-foil stripping)
- The expected yield on target for 620 MeV
(1.91/4.01) x (2 x 105 ions/sec) =
9.5 x 104 ions/sec
- Routine terminal voltages are 2-24.5 MV. Higher voltages are
possible though the calculation is limited to 25 MV.
- Transmission suffers at low terminal voltages (< 5 MV).
- When estimating yields not based on measured intensities, expect
a 70% transmission in addition to the charge state fraction.
- For light ions, a post accelerator stripper foil may be used
to select fully stripped ions; these calculations do not address