- MP_EUILIB - specifies which Communication SubSystem (CSS)
library implementation to
use for communication. Set to ip (for Internet Protocol
CSS) or us (for User Space CSS, which allows one to drive
the high-performance switch directly from parallel tasks
without going through the kernel or operating system).
- MP_EUIDEVICE - sets the adaptor used for message passing:
en0 (Ethernet), fi0 (FDDI), tr0 (token-ring),
or css0 (the high-performance switch adaptor). [Note: This
variable is ignored if the US CSS library is used.]
- MP_EUIDEVELOP - whether MPL should do more detailed checking
during program execution. (This takes a value of yes or no).
- MP_TRACEFILE - name of the trace file to be created during the
execution of a program where tracing commands appear within the code.
- MP_TRACELEVEL - level of VT tracing (0 = NONE, 9 = ALL trace
records are on, 1, 2, & 3 are each a different combination of some
- MP_INFOLEVEL - amount of diagnostic information your program
as it runs (0 - 5 with 0 being the least amount of information given.)
You may wish to use a shell script to set the appropriate environment
variables or you could set important environment variables in your