The following compiler flags are available for both Fortran ( xlf,
mpxlf) or C ( cc, mpcc) compilers in addition to the
usual flags available for these compilers.
- -p or -pg provides information necessary for
the use of the profilers prof or gprof, respectively.
- -g makes the compiled program suitable for debugging
or xpdbx. This option is also necessary to use the Source
Code view in the Visualization Tool, vt.
- -O optimize the output code. (The -O can be followed by an
optimization level: -O2 , for example.) Remember, optimize
only if NOT debugging.
(One cannot use -O with -p, -pg, or -g).
- -ip causes the IP CSS library to be statically bound with the
Communication during execution will use the Internet Protocol.
- -us causes the US CSS library to be statically bound with the
executable. Communication will occur over the high-performance switch.
(If neither -ip nor -us is used at compile time,
a CSS library will be
dynamically linked with the executable at run time. This library
is determined by the MP_EUILIB environment variable.)