Dear HRIBF Workshop Colleagues:
By now you know the drill for November 13, 14 and beyond.
The session on ISOL Technology will be discussing ways to
improve both low energy and post accelerated beams at HRIBF.
The discussion in this session must include input from those
proposing and doing the experiments. You can best provide
answers to the following:
If you cannot attend this session, please give one of the leaders your
input on these questions.
- What beams are highest on your wish list?
- What minimum intensity is required, consider the beam energy and purity?
We will have short, summary presentations on technology being developed now:
In addition, there are techniques we propose to begin developing:
- Status of current HRIBF ion sources (10 min)
- Laser ion sources (10 min)
- High density (uranium) targets (10 min)
- Target / Ion source chemical techniques for enhanced beam purification
- Isobar suppression by photodetachment (10 min)
We will discuss which techniques have highest priority and what
we might be overlooking.
- Pure, post accelerated beams - by multipass time-of-flight
technique (15 min)
- Two-step targets (10 min)
- Gas stopping and reacceleration (15 min)
More details about the workshop, including links to the updated
neutron-rich beam list and workshop schedule may be found at: