[Physicscluster] Addressing the responsiveness of the HCCluster

Varner Jr, Robert L. varnerrl at ornl.gov
Wed May 10 17:30:21 EDT 2017

There is a problem with the cluster, that when 300 jobs are running, it is hard to get an interactive job into the system.  I have a trial solution for this, an queue called “interactive”.  It allows users up to 2 jobs and I hope that it will provide higher priority computing for purely interactive jobs.  Let me know if it works and if it does not.

qsub -IV -q interactive

is the command.  We may have to adjust this many times to get good performance.

Robert Varner