[Physicscluster] Possible cluster and computer room operations interruption, Tuesday April 4, 2017

Varner Jr, Robert L. varnerrl at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 31 16:14:20 EDT 2017

Cluster and computer room outage

ORNL will perform maintenance on the Building chilled water system on Tuesday April 4, 2017.   We are working on possible backup cooling, but it may not be in place by then.  Be prepared for the cluster, large file server and other computers in our computer room to be shutdown as early as 7:30AM on Tuesday.  Normal operations will be restored sometime after 4PM that day.

If our alternative cooling is working, we may keep the systems running until the room temperature dictates otherwise.

Robert Varner