[Fnpbjournal] Brown bag seminar tomorrow

Broussard, Leah Jacklyn broussardlj at ornl.gov
Mon Apr 10 09:56:54 EDT 2017

Hey guys,

Matthias Schindler from the University of South Carolina is giving a friendly overview of the theory of symmetry-violating nuclear forces for our brown bag seminar tomorrow at noon in the building 6000 conferenc?e room.

He's tailoring the seminar to be very informal and student friendly, so this should be a great opportunity to ask lots of questions, even for those of us not working on n3He and npdgamma.

Title: Symmetry-violating nuclear forces: an overview

Abstract: A variety of experiments using nucleons and nuclei are searching for the nonconservation of fundamental symmetries such as parity (P) and time reversal invariance (T). The theoretical analysis and interpretation of these measurements requires an understanding of the forces between nucleons, including P- and T-violating nucleon-nucleon interactions. Different approaches, including meson-exchange models like the DDH model in the case of P violation and effective field theories, have been used to describe these kinds of interactions. I will give an informal introduction to these approaches and how they are related to each other. ?

Leah Broussard
Wigner Fellow
Physics Division

Office:    865-574-4497