Online Procurement Process
This form is provided for members of the Physics Division
to make purchase requests.
Access to this page is restricted to the computers within the Physics Division.
Before you Purchase somethingFor a list of free chemicals and other hazardous materials, see the ORNL Chemical Management Center. There is much surplus property available in the eProp system. Also, check to see if any of the materials you are acquiring require special inspection,
Using the online purchase request form
The form should be completed fully. After the first time, the
system will remember your personal information and should fill in
that part of the form automatically.
- If a required field is not filled in, you will be informed
when you try to submit it. The form will not be accepted until
all required fields arecompleted.
If the net cost exceeds the limit, often around $1000, at which
your manager requires you to seek approval, the requisition will
be held for approval. If more than one approver is available for
your account, select the appropriate approver from
the list on the second page of the form. An Email message will be
sent to your selected approver, asking him to approve or
disapprove the request it at the web site. If your approver is not
around to approve,contact a procurement specialist. The
requisition will not be fulfilled until the approval is
At the bottom of the form, pull down the menu to
select the procurement specialist you want to fulfill the
- If you are purchasing chemicals or raw materials
please review the instructions for
and please indicate any special conditions on the form!
- N.B. For members of crafts divisions working within the
- You may place AVID orders directly with a procurement specialist, as you always have.
- If you are doing work for outside the division, and need to place an order in excess of $1,000, please use Richard Bowman as the approver.
Hints on effective use of the online purchase request form
To use this form you, should be able to use any web browser.
Please email us if you have trouble using a particular browser.
Enter your Physics Division email name which is usually your
last name only with some exceptions. See the Physics Division
Staff email and phone list.
When reviewing any of the WWW url links from within the form,
select back to return to the form. (All information will be lost
if you fail to use the "Back" button)
- Credit card orders are limited to $2,500. (Before entering an order over $2,500, call your procurement specialist).