Guidelines for Assignment of Rooms in JIHIR
The JIHIR has several dormitory-style rooms available to Physics
Linens are provided. The large common area includes a sitting area with a
kitchen facilities. Guests
will need to bring their own food. The ORNL cafeteria is open
from 11:00 am to 1:15 pm Monday-Friday.
Assignment of Space
Dormitory rooms will be allocated according to the following general
(in order of priority):
Dormitory rooms are primarily for short-term stays of 16 days or less.
In exceptional cases
(students and some foreign guests), the stay can be extended for an
additional two weeks or a
maximum of 31 days. The HRIBF Deputy Director for Science will be making
- HRIBF Users coming for experiments
- HRIBF Users coming to collaborate
- Short-term guests who benefit from or support Physics Division
"Prime" rooms are reserved for HRIBF Users only.
Regulations for the User
- ORNL does not allow alcoholic beverages or controlled substances of
any type on site.
Violation of this rule will lead to immediate eviction.
- The User may have no unbadged guests at any time. Violation of this
result in immediate eviction and loss of the right to future
- Smoking is not allowed in any ORNL building including the dormitory
- The kitchen is to be left clean. Food should not be left on the
Dishes should be washed or rinsed and then put in dishwasher. Please
food at the end of your visit.
- The building is to be locked at all times.
- Queries from the Liaison Office should be responded to immediately.
Mechanism for Space Assignment of Dormitory Rooms
- Reservations are made through the
HRIBF Liaison Office.
- Reservations will not be approved until a month before the date
- The Liaison Secretary will send the visitor/contact a
- Visitor, upon arrival, will receive key for Building 6007 and
dormitory room. Key is to be returned to the Liaison Office before the
visitor departs from Oak Ridge.
- Checkout time is 1 p.m. Please depart before checkout time so that
the room may be
cleaned before the janitor leaves at 3:30 p.m.
- The Liaison Secretary will log in and log out the keys.
- There is no charge for rooms.
- Visitors are expected to cancel their reservation if their plans are
changed. A no-show guest may be penalized by losing rights to making
[an error occurred while processing this directive]