Xnetlib Sample Session
As an example of how to use xnetlib, we will demonstrate a
sample session. In this session, we will download all the RKSUITE
files from the ODE library.
- Invoke xnetlib by typing xnetlib at the Unix prompt.
The application will be launched, displaying the
- Click on the button Library on the menu bar. This should
display an alphabetical list of the available libraries.
- Click on the word ode in the main window. This displays all
the files in the ode library, one of which should be the RKSUITE files.
(If you did not know which library the RKSUITE programs were under, you
could use the Search button.) Note that at the top of this new screen
there are options to select all or none of the files in this library.
- Click on the folder next to the words ode/rksuite. This will
display all the files associated with RKSUITE. There should be a FORTRAN
file, various documents, and templates. Again, at the top of the screen
are options to select all or none of these files.
- Click where indicated, at the top of the screen, to select all the files.
- Now click on the button Download. A new screen will be displayed,
with a new menu bar.
This bar indicates from where the files will be downloaded,
and has options for starting the download (Get Files Now), and
selecting and de-selecting the files. The menu bar also has an option called
"Dependency Checking: on/off". This indicates whether files necessary
for the successful compilation of the main file should also be automatically
selected and downloaded, avoiding compilation errors such as "undefined
- Click on Get Files Now. The "gas gauge" underneath the menu bar
indicates the progress of the download. Once the folders next to the
files are not highlighted anymore, and the gas gauge has stopped moving,
the download is complete.
- Click on the Quit button. This terminates xnetlib.
- Look in the directory from where you started xnetlib. You should
see a series of sub-directories leading to the files you downloaded.
You may now compile rksuite.f and use the templates according to the
directions in details.doc, rksuite.doc and readme.