Gaining access to Physics Division Computer Resources takes two steps:
- Get an ORNL UCAMS UID.
computer resources require a UCAMS account for individual access.
For Physics Division accounts, you probably need the following resources
associated with the account:
- WKSPWD User (workstation password server),
- W2K (Windows Domain) and
- WWW_PASSWD (Web Access).
To get the account, call 241-6765. You will need to FAX some forms back and forth to complete the process. Be sure to request the resources you need.
- After your UCAMS UID is ready,
request access to the Division computers you will use.
should collect the following
- Name and Personnel ID number of the Host as specified in the Guest Assignment paperwork.
- Name of the Physics Division Approver who has responsibility over the computing resources that are being requested.
- Your ORNL badge number.
- The name of the computer or group of computers you will use. Usually that means access to the NIS-managed Linux systems and servers, the data acquisition systems, or the HRIBF cluster.
- Email this information to Robert Varner 574-6521, email@example.com.